Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cupcakes (a.k.a. Bet You Wish You Were at My House)

Photos and Cupcakes by Smalltowngirl


Happy Thursday night!

I'll bet you wish you were at my house right about now...


These cupcakes are chocolate and peanut butter with homemade milk chocolate icing, topped with Reese's Peanut Butter Chips.

(They're really as good as they look.)

***

I spent my morning in downtown Farmington, Missouri. What a delight to walk down brick sidewalks from a music store to a restaurant; an overflowing florist's store to a warm and cozy bookstore. 

The Downtown Farmington Parntership/Alliance (I forget it's formal name) has done a really nice job bringing life back to downtown.

Much to my excitement, Farmington has a new and quite legitimate cafe! Brauhaus, our new coffee shop and lunch spot, has a story to tell, and I hope to tell it soon. 

The owner enthusiastically told me today about its name, the photos on the wall, and the two years she and her family spent renovating the historic building the cafe calls home. I'm planning to visit her again soon, this time with notebook and camera in tow so that I can blog about it.

Until then, where quaint downtowns and kitchens big enough to prepare 3 dozen cupcakes are concerned, MO = 1; NY = 0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I can certainly vouch for the yummy cupcakes. The icing was phenomenal, and the cupcakes were so moist. Christina, if you are reading, I wish you had one! Can't wait to try out the coffee shop myself! (Love the photo's!)