Tuesday, February 17, 2009

LTC 2009


I took the Amtrak from NYC to Syracuse this weekend to see Jesse and his wonder Golden Doodle, Oscar. Having spent this weekend with Jesse and last weekend with my friend Tim, I've found myself thinking a lot about the moment when once-new friends become old ones.

Jesse and I have seen each other through a lot. He calms my soul, and even though I’m not sure what value I bring to the friendship, I must bring something, because he continues to be there for me.

Visits with him help ease me into my transitions, and this weekend was no exception. After two good weekends in a row with old friends, I'm reminded that it’s the connections we make, not where we make them, that matter in this life.

NY = 0; MO = 0; Friends = ad infinitum

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Great food for thought. Enjoyed the photo and the entry!