Sunday, February 22, 2009

Grantsville, PA

Dad pulled in to Brooklyn just before 2 p.m., and after finding a parking space and exchanging a bear hug, we headed to La Bagel Delight for a sandwich.

Bellies full, and drizzly rainy grossness falling from the sky, we opted out of staying the night in New York, and opted in to packing the van to get the hell out of dodge.

Photo by smalltowngirl

Several trips down my four flights of stairs later, my room stood empty, the moving van sat full, and Dad and I prepared to sit in traffic on our way out of the city.

Two of my roommates, Bill and Suzanne, got home just before Dad and I were leaving. We spent a few minutes saying our "goodbye for now"s, we gave each other hugs, and they stood on the stoop to watch as Dad and I drove away.

South Oxford Street Gang
Photo by PapaG

As we made our way uptown toward the Lincoln Tunnel, Dad got a quick peek at Macy's, and I convinced him to make a minor detour so that he could say he'd seen Times Square.

At about the same time this afternoon, my mom looked out the window to see eleven deer in the backyard. She snapped several pictures, and blogged about it, saying "NY = 0; MO = 1".

Wrapping our way back down 9th Avenue and over on 39th street, we entered the Lincoln Tunnel.

When we exited the tunnel, New York City was behind us, and once it was, I didn't look back.







1 comment:

JillWrites said...

Wait, we've only just met!