Monday, March 30, 2009

Wineries, Coffee Shops, Art Galleries...a Castle?!

What's become of my bumbling little country bumpkin of a home state, Missouri? 

I hardly recognize my downtown square, which is now lined with a cafe, a New York style pizza place, a fairly nice bar and restaurant, and a music store.

And don't get me started on the national bicycle race coming thr
ough town. We never had that kind of thing when I was a kid.

What? Is one of the nation's last living independent music stores really in St. Louis? Darned right, it is. And I'm proud to say I've been buying music there since I was 16.

You know what else Missouri has? It has wineries. Like, no joke, a LOT of wineries. Wineries with good wine, beautiful views, live music on the weekends, art galleries, and B&Bs. 

Finally, and then I'm getting back to updating my events listing for April (look beneath this blog)...We have yoga. I took my first small town yoga class tonight, and it was good. 

If none of the above perks you up to the Show-Me State, check this out...Joplin, Missouri has a castle:

Photo from 4statehome.com

Despite my grouchy, short-fused, angsty poop of a mood over the last few days over missing New York, I've gotta hand it to Missouri - it's changed a lot in the 10+ years since I last lived here.


No comments: