Monday, March 23, 2009

दिस्कोवेरिएस!

I'm not sure why my Title is showing up in a foreign language. (Hindi, apparently.)

The funky title can't rain on my parade though. I just had an exciting hour-and-a-half phone meeting with our web designer, who is bright and knowledgeable, and living in the St. Louis neighborhood I didn't know existed (but that I'm head-over-heels in love with).

There is a bit of Brooklyn in St. Louis. Check it out:
Old North St. Louis

This neighborhood is essentially a renovation district, and while it's still in its building phase, I can't express to you how excited I am to see a real community in St. Louis proper.

From what our web designer told me, most of the buildings here had become very, very run down. The homeowners' restorations are labors of love. Check out this blog about the restoration of a home that was missing an entire wall.

Another website, seemingly dedicated to property sales in the area, has some great photos of the commercial district (under renovation) in the neighborhood.

And on my "Must-See, Must-Eat, STL" list? Crown Candy Kitchen, an ice cream shop and restaurant founded in St. Louis in 1913.

My car accident brought on a lot of "I miss New York" sentiments for me, and honestly, I spent my weekend pretty down in the dumps. Having my eyes opened to this St. Louis neighborhood has, thankfully, lifted my spirits.

Yay, St. Louis!

MO and NY = TIED.

1 comment:

Patti J said...

I am ready for a road trip, open house look see trip, ice cream/candy trip.... your choice!