Monday, March 16, 2009

Gracias Amigos!

I was honored with an invitation to "stinky drinks" tonight with two old friends. One friend is a tree trimmer and the other is an assistant to a large animal vet.

Both friends can get pretty stinky in a day's work, so their version of happy hour is aptly named "stinky drinks."

Though neither of my friends were particularly stinky tonight, we did meet up for drinks, and I was convinced when the following check came out at the end of the night that it was missing some digits. 

Our check:



Gracias Amigos, indeed! In almost two years in New York City, I can't remember ever being able to buy a single drink for $5.94, much less three drinks and chips and salsa for $5.94. Missouri wins this battle in a big, big way.

MO = 1; NY = 0



1 comment:

Abigail said...

This doesn't seem quite fair! I see too many MO = 1, NY = 0! Though laundry in NY is definitely rough! (though drop off service is v. v. nice!)