Monday, March 2, 2009

Milk and Cookies

My friend Factor has kindly shared the following photo with me of another New York City cow. This one lives in Manhattan, not Brooklyn. 

Clearly, I was incorrect in my assumption that MO would have one up on New York were cattle are concerned.

New York City has some darn fine cow (butts). I have cow pictures from two boroughs now - does anyone know any cows in Staten Island, Queens, or The Bronx?

Photo Credit: ShellyS

There aren't any cows at my new job, but there are lots of other great things. My first day was pretty great. 

I found out that coffee brews from early morning until after lunch, and I can drink as much as I want.

Plus, there are cookies. Like, every day. 

Mmmm...cookies...

Did I mention that my lunch, if I choose to eat in the dining room, is free? 

Life is good, my friends.

But seriously, people, it's great. I've never felt more warmly welcomed in a new job, my office was freshly painted, and I had a brand new Mac desktop waiting for me. My coworkers are friendly and helpful, and the place is just stunning.

My new supervisors have taken great efforts to make my transition smooth; planning meetings for me with each department over the coming ten days to familiarize me with our programs and the way each department works with the marketing department.

I saw a portion of the 5,000 acres of land today, including tours of several of the 10+ buildings. Besides the horse ranch, enormous lake, tennis courts, gym, cabins, and 5-story log lodge, there are miles of trails for walking/running/hiking, and it seems like I'll have coworkers to take advantage of these things with after hours.

It seems like I'll have a lot to learn, and also a lot to offer, which, when combined with the organization's efforts to raise employees through its ranks (rather than lose good employees like so many organizations do), lead me to believe that I've found a place I'll be able to stay and grow for a good amount of time.

And did I mention the cookies?

And milk? (seriously).

Mmmm...


1 comment:

Patti J said...

But my question is...do they have cookies??? lol!!!